Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wee Worshipers

One of the major reasons we started attending our church, despite being weary of how large it was, was that we loved the idea of surrounding our kids with a large group of people who were visibly passionate about their worship of our great God.
It didn't take them long to get the message either... It does my heart such good to look down the aisle and watch my kids sing and raise their hands and make real efforts at trying to understand and worship. I slipped out my camera this week (I know, bad girl) because it is so precious to me and just really wanted it documented.

Now, don't worry, I understand that many kids do what they know will please their parents and others. I am fully aware of this motivation and am sure that it is active in my kids. However, I am also sure that it is possible for the Lord to be working in their young little hearts.

I am so thankful for our experience at our church and all we are learning. I am so thankful for the wonderful people God has brought, and continues to bring, into our lives (past and present). I am so desperate for my kids to be fully surrendered to the Lord. Sometimes I feel like I want it so badly that it hurts. Thank you, Lord, for giving us a body of believers that will help us in our journey of raising kids who put their hope in You.

2 comments:

  1. There have been several times I have looked down and seen your babies worshipping and been brought to tears. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to a friend of mine about your post and about how I have the same prayers for James (and other children to come). I don't know how long we'll be here in new york city but the church and the people are so incredibly committed that it's this type of environment I desperately want for him wherever we go. if that makes sense :)
    I'm continually blessed by your posts and enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete