Friday, February 6, 2009

What a pal!

I've been a little under the weather. I finally resorted to antibiotics last night and am hoping to be on the mend soon. For some reason I could not sleep last night AT ALL (maybe it was the killer sore throat that rendered me unable to swallow!). I mean, I was wide awake. So I just got up and did stuff...until 7:30 this morning when I fell asleep for one hour only to be WAY behind on my day. Oh my.

Yet, in the midst of it, my friend, Andrea, who already took my big kids to their field trip yesterday calls to offer to get me anything and brings me by some chicken soup, crackers, tea, and throat lozenges! All with a sweet homemade card. What a pal!! The Lees are so generous to serve others and we have been blessed by them now multiple times. I love having friends like that! Not only to be on the receiving end of their thoughtfulness but because it stirs me up to love and good works. Isn't that EXACTLY what the Body is supposed to be about?!! Thanks, friend. I'm on the mend! I have to be - got a hot date tonight - babysitter and all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment