Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mother/Son date night

My June has been the busiest month of my life. And that's coming from a girl who graduated college and got married on the same day. Bus, busy, busy. Company, traveling ,company and more traveling. I have SO much to blog about and that overwhelms me. SO I will try to get some short posts up as to what I've been doing the past month.

Early in June our church hosted a mom/son even. The mom's take their boys out to dinner and then meet at the church for dessert and something special.

Here I am with my motley crew...



It was a unanimous decision to eat at Steak n Shake.





At the church we had cupcakes, heard a speaker and then got to hold some "extreme" animals. The boys held a baby kangaroo, a lemur, and a Burmese python. They loved it. Cole was about to chicken out on the python at the last second so I jumped in with him - thinking it was no big deal. Bu having that snake on my neck creeped me out! And especially when it's head came towards my face - maybe I dislike snakes more than I thought.







The boys were absolutely precious all night. Opened my doors and gave me compliments. Tyson told me it was his best date ever. And even added that he wanted to marry someone just like me - very pretty and a christian. Boy - he sure knew the way to his date's heart! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing! I love date night with kids- it's so special and certainly something they will remember. I think I might have passed on the snake holding :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I'm glad God has poured out His blessing through your precious boys :) I love your hair by the way! It's super cute on you! In HIS peace - Ariel

    ReplyDelete