Monday, July 18, 2011

Fin and Feather

Got home from Atlanta.Did all the laundry.
Slept in my own bed for the first time in 2 weeks.
hugged my husband.
got the laundry out of the dryer.
folded it.
put it back in the suit cases.
loaded up the van.
Left for Fin and Feather in Gore, Oklahoma for my mom's side of the family family reunion.

We were (and by we of course I only mean me) weary from the travel but ready for more time with family.

 above are my amazing grandparents - affectionately called GG and Pa
below are the cousins connecting over breakfast ...

 Pips and Kylee enjoying Papa
 Uncle Todd, Aunt Jill and Terri above
Abby and Jansen below...

I can't ell you how fun it was to be with family. Unlike the Atlanta trip - some of my cousins here had kids! So it was a different kind of fun for everyone. The kids loved being with their cousins and it was awesome to see how little Pippa fit in with all the red haired blue eyed people. My cousins-in-law are amazing godly women and I loved being with them and their families.

Nana organized a talent show. My kids did a lip sync to Press Play's NY2LA. They are so super cool..


 The Pipster was SO shy - she kept her head down and her hands on her face the whole time...
 Cason (not Carson - Cason) and McKenna were A-MAZING doing a Bible speed drill and memory verse recitation. I was SO proud of them!
 Pippa actually did go up and do her ballet talent. She was adorable. He she is after sitting with Uncle Jack and Josh...
 We spent lots of time at the pool (didn't take a single picture). The kids went daily to the arcade (didn't take a single picture). We went to a fun water park (didn't take a single picture). . But we did have plenty of fun with everything we did...
 Tony and Shannon (Wendy - how do I not have a single picture of you or Andy???!!!)....
 The boys at Soda Steve's...
 This reminded me of when my dad would pick me up from school and take me on a lunch date...

Jack and Josh brought their dogs - they we so fun. Jack and Jake actually look alike!

Here are some of the group shots...
 The family that we all came from...
 And the couple that started it all...

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post Kris!

    jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, your grandmother looks JUSt like your mom and I can see you in her, too:) Looks like a fun reunion. We're headed to Chicago next weekend for my mom's family's reunion. Seeing this post made me even more excited to go now!!

    ReplyDelete