Monday, December 5, 2011

It's up for debate.

I am now the mother of a debater. Not an arguer - a debater. I am so very excited that Madison is in a debate class this year with an A-MAZING teacher. We have affiliated with the NCFCA and are pumped about getting involved in debate.

Madison is going to be a fantastic debater. She is so very excited and I am right there with her.

We traveled to Dallas to watch a Round Robin. So, it's not an official NCFCA qualifying tournament. I's more of an opportunity to practice. Madison considered debating but in the end we decided just getting to go watch and learn would be the most beneficial. We had so much fun - GIRL TIME! Madison and I haven't had that much time together since..... Carson was born! Ha!

We stayed with my brother, Joby. We set off after debate class on Thursday - had a great drive listening to a book on cd and got in late that night. Friday morning we were up early and off to the debate...
 Dallas traffic - not my fav! Here were are really trying to navigate....

 On our lunch break we got out all our "flows" from the debates we watched and analyzed and discussed them...

In the afternoon I actually got to judge two debates. So nerve wracking! these kids were fabulous.
 Joby joined us to watch a few rounds and then we headed home. He treated us to the Outback for dinner. Yum.
 For some reason after dinner we got the idea that we were going to paint Joby's dining room that night. )What were er thinking?!). So, we stayed up super late and painted. It was the wrong color. I always pick the wrong color. It looks one way on the paint chip and totally different on the wall. SO, my idea for a cool grey gave Joby powder blue walls. Sorry, Joby.
We didn't have anything to paint in so Joby said he would lend us something but we had to wear whatever he gave us...

After a few hours of sleep we were back up and on our way to watch debates again. These are our sassy poses...


My mom drove over from Louisiana and met us at the debate mid morning. So fun! More GIRL time!
We went back to the bachelor pad and got changed and headed out to Southlake for some eating and shopping. I think she looked so cute - and grown up...
Lunch at Cafe' Express - where you must pretend to smoke the bread sticks - even if you're 13,


Such a cool wall hanging at Anthropologie (where you can look and want yet never afford to buy!)...

Charming Charlie - way more our budget and so much great stuff!


And finally, a yummy dinner. It was all so fun!! My mom and my daughter - how blessed I am!

Breakfast the next morning was our goodbye and we hit the road.
It was a great time. The quality time was great and getting pumped about debate was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment